Oh hey there! So today it’s cold, cloudy, and finals are looming in the not-so-distant future. Suchie and I are on the hunt for distractions, and what could be better than blogging about our upcoming trip to sunny Memphis?! Answer: nothing. Obviously.
To raise some moral before a final push through finals, here’s a list of the Top 10 things we are looking forward to on our trip!
1. WARMTH. Okay, so according to our research (Wikipedia, we love you), the average high temp. for March is 63.3 degrees. Not exactly tropical, but we’ll take it!
2. Finding out who the coolest kids at BU are — aka the one’s who choose to join us on our trip! Seriously though, we cannot wait for registration in January, when we will finally know who our awesome ASBers are!
3. An epic road trip (20 something hours?) with some even more epic jam sessions, including obligatory tributes to some Memphis natives such as Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Isaac Hayes and B.B. King. Any additional suggestions for the playlist are welcome!
4. Meeting some truly inspirational children and families, and having a great time hanging out with them!
5. Experiencing some Memphis eating – did you know we’re going to a city that’s famous for incredible barbeque?! We’ll definitely have to check that out.
6. LINE DANCING. Enough said.
7. Site seeing! We’ve heard that Graceland is awesome, and we’ll be staying really close to the Memphis Zoo! There’s also the Walk of Fame on Beale St. and some very cool parks. We definitely won’t be bored. Ever.
8. Maybe some paranormal activity? Memphis is a city famous for ghost sightings… just saying :]
9. Did we mention the LINE DANCING?
10. Making new friends and having the experience of a lifetime with our superstar ASBers!
So clearly we have a whole lot to look forward to, and much more that wouldn’t fit on the list. Definitely enough to last us through the winter, we think. Future ASB volunteers, we hope you’re super excited too! Good luck with finals and have an excellent winter break!